Friday, May 22, 2020

Two Years

 Two years ago I walked out the doors on the 17th floor and never looked back. I was filled with so much anger at how I had been treated. I have gone over and over in my head how I could have better handled the situation I was in and I could have handled it better - but I'm really not sure it would have changed anything. My boss was a dick. I could have sought legal counsel but I don't know if the stress and expense would have been worth it. Maybe but I don't have time for shoulda coulda. It is what it is.
I do miss the coworkers that were my friends. I do not miss the two bitches that fabricated the bullshit that my boss chose to believe. That's another story kids!
 
So much has happened in two years. I was thinking of where the world is at now and all the things that have happened. I'm probably better off being retired than if I had followed my original plan and delayed retirement as long as I could have (maybe 70?). Today I wanted to call my sister Carla and have a nice long chat with her. How crazy life has turned out and what the fuck? But all I ended up was crying. I miss her so much. What will life be like this time next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment