Sunday, August 4, 2019

Life is short and there are no guarantees

Yesterday we found out our neighbor and good friend, Brenda, had been killed in a car accident less than five miles away on Friday. It has been surreal to think we won’t see her working in the yard with her dog LittleBit, won’t hear her yelling at LittleBit to “shut-up!” – always made us chuckle. Won’t be the lucky recipients of her beautiful flower arrangements or the lovely Christmas wreaths she used to make for us. I have a nursing log she made for me for my birthday last year. It’s got various plants and succulents growing on it with rocks she collected when she was a truck driver. Brenda had a big heart and was always helping people out. I remember last summer when she rode her mowing lawnmower over to our house with LittleBit. She had a cooler with a six-pack of beer and we sat in our backyard enjoying a cold beer and laughing at LittleBit’s antics. The last time I saw Brenda, was just a few evenings ago when I was on the front deck reading. She yelled over to me “Hi Kimberly”. I’ll miss Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment