Saturday, June 11, 2011

Goodbye Marshall High School!

Yep, Marshall High School is closing this year. Last weekend Reg and I went back to bid our high school a "fond" farewell at the Tribute Event on Saturday, June 4th. I hadn't been back since I graduated in 1973. Nope, it did not look any smaller to me than it did in 1973. But it looked shabby . . . run down, broken and very sad. They gave away old yearbooks - for FREE! I grabbed '64, '65, '66, '67 and '69 plus all the Verdicts (the high school newspaper) from '67/'68. Looking through the yearbooks, the school looked so clean and NEW! WTF happened? Years passed, neighborhood changed, demographics changed, and let's face it - it's a different world from when I was a teenager. Or not? If only I knew then what I know now . . .



what were we thinkin'?






No comments:

Post a Comment